Sunday 22 April 2012

DAY FIVE - The Naturals

My last day working with The Natural Theatre Company
For my last day I met Mark at 10.30am all ready to be put to work. On Saturday the Youth Theatre (run by The Naturals) will be travelling up to Stratford for Shakespeare's birthday celebrations and to combine forces with the Royal Shakespeare Company. In preparation for this some costumes needed to be collected from Bristol Costume services. Myself and Mark went along to Bristol to pick these up. The Bristol Costume services was something I have never seen before, an absolutely humungous warehouse containing thousands and thousands of costumes used for all sorts of shows. It literally had every costume you could think of (http://www.bristolcostumeservices.com/Bristolcostume/Home.html).

We loaded up the van with what we needed and then headed back to Bath. We then unloaded the van into the props & costumes room at The Naturals. A quick break for lunch and then I was back with Mark and Jackie sorting out what else needed to packed and prepared for Saturday. In between helping them, I managed to capture a little bit of video and some snaps of them working and packing the props. I also managed a quick interview with Mark and Jackie before we had to pack up the van again with everything all ready for Saturday morning.




Once we had finished loading the van and getting everything prepared for Saturday, Mark and I sat down and discussed the week, a debrief. He was really happy with the work I had done for him and we agreed I would continue to finish the summer schools poster I had made.

Overall I have had an enjoyable week, I have liked the flexibility and freedom of what I have been doing. I have learnt a lot about responsibilities and carrying out tasks in good time. I left on the note that if there is anything else Mark would like me to create/do for the company, then to just send me an e-mail and I would be more than willing to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment